Script for the Trip



"The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord... The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps... The lot is cast into the lap, but every decision is from the Lord." (Prov. 16:1, 9, 33)

"Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near... for my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

"No eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him. You meet him who joyfully works righteousness, those who remember you in your ways." Isaiah 64:4-5

"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes." Psalm 118:8-9

Over the last several weeks, God has been bringing me to Scriptures that comfort, encourage, and challenge me while preparing to embark on this adventure. Through both COVID-related changes and other unexpected plot twists, it has been evident that I am not in control and the future really is unknown. However, as Pastor Matt of Grace Church exhorted, "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." Although I do not know what the future holds, God does; although I am not in control, he is. He is faithful to complete the good work he began (Phil 1:6), guard those who trust in him (1 Peter 1:5), and ultimately secure our future in him (1 Peter 1:4). 

Already my plans- and my faith- have been tested. Undoubtedly, both will continue to be tested throughout my time overseas. "A faith that can't be tested is a faith that can't be trusted" (Pastor Jake Hering, Candeo church). Let these passages ground my perspective and guide my endeavors, both during and beyond the exciting and unknown semester ahead.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts